skip to main content
Information about Education

Kindergarten Enrollment

2 months ago

What do I do to get my child prepared for kindergarten?

Certified Birth Certificate *children born in Tennessee can obtain a certified birth certificate from the Health Department. 
Social Security Card
Proof of Immunizations from Health Department or Physician
Proof of Physical Examination (within 1 calendar year)
Two (2) Proofs of County Residence (E-911 address)(Example: electric bill, water bill, etc.)

Proof of Income (Pre-K only)


School staff will partner with parents to obtain necessary enrollment documentations.

At what age can my child begin kindergarten?

The cut off date for Kindergarten in August 15th, therefore, a child turn 5 years on or before August 15th.

By Henderson County BOE


about 1 year ago

State Coordinators for the Education of Children and Youth Experiencing Homelessness

National Center for Homeless Education at SERVE



 Migrant, Homeless & Private Schools Project Director
Tennessee Department of Education

(615) 741-3262

Twitter: @TNedu

Henderson County Homeless Liaison

Harlan Fesmire



Other Homeless Education Contacts

United States Department of Education

John McLaughlin, Ed.D.

Education Program Specialist

Federal Coordinator, Homeless, Neglected &

Delinquent Education Programs

U.S. Department of Education

400 Maryland Avenue, SW, Room 3C106

Washington, DC 20202-6132

Phone: (202) 401-0962



National Association for the Education of Homeless Children and Youth (NAEHCY)

Mr. Tim Stahlke, President

Texas Homeless Education Office (THEO)

Charles A. Dana Center

The University of Texas at Austin

2901 N IH 35, Room 2.200

Austin, TX 78722

Phone: (512) 475-9709

Fax: (207) 471-6193


National Association for the Education of Homeless Children and Youth (NAEHCY)

Ms. Barbara Duffield

Policy Director


4701 Connecticut Avenue, NW, #402

Washington, DC 20008

Phone: (202) 364-7392

Fax: (202) 318-7523


National Law Center on Homelessness and Poverty

Mr. Eric Tars

1411 K Street, NW, Suite 1400

Washington, DC 20005

Phone: (202) 638-2535, ext. 211

Fax: (202) 628-2737


National Center for Homeless Education

Ms. Diana Bowman


P.O. Box 5367

Greensboro, NC 27435

Phone: (800) 755-3277

Fax: (336) 315-7457


By Henderson County BOE